We are happy to announce that the growing Nonlinear Processes in Geosciences (NP) community has a new unifying platform where newsworthy information on different topics will be published, with the main aim to reach many scientists at a time.
Thus, this is the official launch of the Nonlinear Processes in Geosciences Blog!
We hope this platform could serve as a starting point to strengthen our community, increase its numbers, improve communication among us, and play an essential role throughout the European Geosciences Union.
Thus, we welcome you to contribute guest articles to our blog and we especially encourage posts on:
- upcoming events, conferences, workshops, schools;
- outstanding research of early career scientists;
- outstanding and review works of established scientists;
- job opportunities and search for academic and non-academic positions;
- interesting funded projects on all aspects of geosciences;
- new technological, methodological, and pedagogical developments;
- all other ideas of interests for the NP community.
In addition to the above exciting ideas we will also launch two different activities:
- “NP Interviews”: an interview with scientists belonging to the NP Division in relation to their activities for the division itself;
- “NPG Paper of the Month”: a dedicated post to a selected paper from the Nonlinear Processes in Geophysics journal.
We would like to make the blog a success … so we are really looking forward to your contributions! Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to pitch a blog post idea!
Tommaso Alberti, Davide Faranda, Christian Franzke, Anna von der Heydt, Stéphane Vannitsem