This year, in addition to having an exhibit booth at European Geosciences Union General Assembly (EGU GA), Google Inc will be hosting a side event on Google technologies for working with geophysical data.
A special workshop themed Google Geo for Research and Higher Education Workshop, will be held in Vienna during the week of the annual EGU GA. This free workshop is intended for scientists, researchers, students, and faculty who regularly work with geospatial data and are interested in learning about Google’s geospatial analysis and management tools.
Attendees will gain hands-on introductory experience with Google’s Geo cloud technologies including Google Earth Engine for geospatial data analysis and Google Maps Engine for geospatial data management and publication.
The workshop is to be held Monday, 28 April, 2014 between 18:00-22:00 PM at Hotel Das Triest, Wiedner Hauptstrasse 12, Wien (near the EGU 2014 venue). If you plan on attending fill in the online form. A light meal will be provided free to participants. Deadline for application is March 26th.
Ideal participants will meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to make effective use of Google geospatial technology within a research or academic setting.
- Currently working on geo/mapping-related projects
- Intermediate-to-advanced technical experience in one or more of the following areas:
- GIS and/or Remote Sensing
- Google Earth, Maps, Maps Engine or Earth Engine
- Web/multimedia development
- Programming for Google Geo APIs