The EGU Solar–Terrestrial physics (ST) division’s early-career scientist (ECS) team is organising a so-called Campfire event to gather the community together before EGU22 and promote networking among ST-ECSs.
The event will be held on Zoom and will take place on Friday 18 March 2022 at 15:00 CET, for a duration of one hour. We will make use of breakout rooms to facilitate discussions in smaller groups on topics of interest to ECSs. You can register for the meeting here.
– Opening (~5 min) – Welcome and introduction in the main room.
– Part I (~30 min) – Splinter discussions in two breakout rooms (BR):
[BR1] Peer support and mental health for ST-ECSs facing problems in their work
[BR2] Funding opportunities: Advice on grant writing, sharing experience on various grant schemes, information exchange on platforms and available sources
– Transition (~3 min) – Back in the main room, announcement of part II.
– Part II (~20 min) – Networking time in four breakout rooms according to the scientific focus areas of the ST division.
[BR1] The Sun
[BR4] Ionosphere & Thermosphere
– Closing (~2 min) – Concluding words in the main room.
After the event, participants will be asked to fill in an anonymous survey to provide feedback and express their interest in holding future ST-ECS campfires.
We hope to see you there!